Chair: Jill Call
For College Music and Music Education Majors who are Idaho residents (Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Graduate Students)
Auditions will be by digital video recording.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2022
Recording Submission Deadline: April 1, 2022
$300 awards will be given to all first-place winners in the following categories: Piano, Organ, String, Voice, Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, Guitar.
A top award of $1000 will be given to the category winner with the highest adjudication scores.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and an Idaho resident, have a high school graduation certificate (or equivalent) from the state of Idaho, and not be over 29 years of age by March 1, 2022.
- Applicant must be a college music or music education major. The application form will need to be signed by your department head or major professor before submitting.
- Previous $1000 IFMC Collegiate Scholarship Award winners are not eligible to enter again.
- Adhere to the requirements stated on the Collegiate Repertoire Requirements which can be found on the IFMC website (Idahofmc.org). AT LEAST ONE PIECE MUST BE MEMORIZED.
- Application fee is $25 for each category (piano, organ, string, etc). Make checks payable to Idaho Federation of Music Clubs. If you are an Idaho student attending an out-of-state university or college (or if the school you are attending in Idaho is not federated), you must pay an individual Student/Collegiate membership fee of $16 in addition to the $25 entrance fee. There are no refunds.
- Mail completed application form along with a check for the application fee by March 4, 2022 to the awards chairman: Jill Call, 9819 W. Pattie Dr. Boise, ID 83704.
- Upload a digital recording of your audition repertoire by April 1, 2022 to YouTube and email the YouTube link to the awards chairman (email@example.com). Recordings must include audio as well as video and be a single, continuous take of the entire audition repertoire with no editing or recording manipulation. A signed statement of compliance that the applicant’s submitted recording meets the criteria is also required. The statement to sign can be found on the website and should be emailed along with the YouTube link.
- Judges are free to declare “no winner” in any category if not enough points have been received. In case of a tie, the student performing the more difficult literature wins. No tie is allowed with the $1000 award.
Statement of Compliance (PDF)